Currently under investigation to study the elimination of biofilm infections on prosthetic knee implants during early intervention procedures while maintaining the current standard of care.
- Granted FDA Breakthrough Device Designation for products that may provide more effective treatment or diagnosis of life-threatening or irreversibly debilitating diseases or conditions
- In vivo animal and in vitro lab studies demonstrated up to 99.6% effectiveness in killing biofilms, including drug-resistant bacteria such as MRSA, E. Coli, etc.
- May help retain the original implant
- BioPrax is easy to use – requires minimal training
- Minimally invasive procedure